Commercial and Civil Litigation
Our litigators have widespread experience in complex commercial, personal injury, product liability, and other civil litigation cases, and have successfully represented clients in hundreds of trials and appeals. Our lawyers represent large national corporations, local businesses, estates, partnerships, and individuals.
As a full-service litigation firm, we use an effective team approach to complex trial matters. We handle a diverse civil litigation caseload, as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants, including:
- Suits involving contract disputes of all types, including contracts for the sale of goods, financial agreements, employment agreements, non-compete agreements, product development agreements, and mechanic’s lien foreclosure suits.
- Personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, and premises liability suits.
- Insurance defense.
- Employer’s discrimination defense and selective employee discrimination suits.
- Litigation between shareholders of corporations and partners, including internal governance disputes and asset entitlement upon entity dissolution.
- Mortgage foreclosures, suits to enforce security interests and other banking litigation.
- Litigation involving trademarks, ERISA, and security matters.
- Suits to partition real estate.
- Litigation involving commercial and residential leases, including suits to require tenants to vacate.
In addition, our experienced appellate attorneys represent our clients with appeals at all levels - from the Iowa Supreme Court to the United States Supreme Court. We pride ourselves on quality legal research and writing capabilities, and our successful appellate practice and strong pre-trial motion practice reflect the intellectual strengths of our attorneys.
Stanley, Lande & Hunter lawyers have extensive experience representing business clients before regulatory agencies and administrative bodies.
We have represented clients in contested cases before the Iowa Department of Revenue, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
We have represented clients in dealing with State Board of Medical Examiners, the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the Iowa Highway Department, and other arms of local, state, and federal government.